Good health is a journey, not a destination. Stop acting like what you are is what you will be now and forever. Look, the easiest way to change your life is to change your life. But how? When it comes to health, sometimes it can seem like work. For many, the idea of exercise is a big to do. You have to pack. You have to drive. You have to shower. Who has time for all of that? Dieting is just as bad, it seems. Do I need to go find a special store? It always takes time to cook a special meal. It seems like work to count calories! I don’t like the taste of this or that…
Well, we want to introduce you to Invisible Health. Today, we offer you a series of ten simple tips (and one admittedly not so easy one) that will promote your health without all the fuss (although we fully endorse the fuss and know that over time, it’s not a fuss). Feel free to expand the list. More importantly, implement the list. You’ll be amazed how just a few minor modifications in regular activities can produce large improvements in your health. Everything is relative. Don’t just sit there. Do something!
One thing you’ll notice about these tips is you’re producing health benefits without the active grind of “working out ” or “dieting.” We just want you to develop some new habits or increase the frequency of some things you may already be doing.
- Take a walk. You’re exercising and didn’t know it. Walk the stairs. Take a walk in the park with your loved one. Walk while you talk with your kid. Regular walkers have less heart attacks and strokes, better sex lives and less stress. Walking improves your immune system and reduces all manners of unhealthy cravings. It’s easy. Just do it.
- Learn to like to dance. Hear your favorite song? Go for it. Have a child? Teach them and dance with them! I’ll bet while you’re having fun, you’re breaking a sweat, losing calories and getting your heart pumping without the worry of reps or time spent.
- Are you hungry and about to shove something unhealthy in your mouth? Drink a glass of water. Your body needs it. The majority of you don’t drink nearly enough water. Learn to appreciate water. Have you heard that you need eight glasses of water a day? You’ll never get there by sipping on a hot beverage. It’s refreshing and replenishing, plus it makes your body function optimally. Besides, if you’re drinking water, you’re not drinking high calorie, sugar-laden soft drinks. Speaking of which…
- Stop. Drinking. Sodas. Today. I’d bet the easiest “diet” many of you could go on would be just eliminating soda. Even without doing anything else you’d lower your risk of diabetes and high blood pressure, and you would start losing weight. One can delivers 150 calories. Any amount of water is zero calories.
- Still hungry and still looking at that donut? Go brush your teeth. You probably don’t brush enough anyway, and brushing and flossing intermittently throughout the day provide numerous health benefits as well as serve as suppressing your appetite in a simple way.